MERTHYR RUNNING CLUB
MERTHYR RUNNING CLUB
i. Club name and affiliation
The Club will be called Merthyr Running Club, and will be affiliated to Welsh Athletics.
ii. Aims and Objectives
• The aims and objectives of the Club will be to:
• Play and promote running within the county borough of Merthyr Tydfil.
• Offer the sport coaching and competition opportunities to all adult members
• Provide duty of care and protection to all Club members.
Make sure all Club members are treated equitably.
iii. Finance and Accounts
• All Club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the Club.
• The accounts will be kept by the Treasurer, and audited annually.
• The financial year of the Club will end on 31st March.
• Any cheques drawn against Club funds will be signed by at least two authorised signatories.
• Should Merthyr Running Club no longer be viable and the accounts need to be wound up
then any residual funds, after all creditors have been satisfied, shall be donated to a Club or
organisation with similar aims and objectives.
iv. Running of the Club
The Club will be run by a committee consisting of:
Membership shall consist of:
• (disabled and non-disabled) adult members
• All members will be subject to the constitution and codes of conduct adopted by the Club.
Fees will be set and reviewed annually by the committee and approved at the AGM.
vi. AGM (Annual General Meeting)
The Annual General Meeting will be held in May. At least twenty-one days’ notice will be given to
The Agenda will include:
• A report from the committee
• Treasurer’s report and the year’s accounts
• Resignation of the current committee
• Election of the committee for the coming year
• Election of other relevant positions to the role and purpose of the Club
• All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
Members have the right to call for an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). It shall be held at the
request of at least 25% of members.
Notice for an EGM will be the same as for an AGM.
vii. Constitution Changes
This Constitution can be changed only by majority vote at an AGM.
Dated: 1st March 2022
Available on request
Need more information? please get in touch and we can send the below on request.